Senior Character Artist
10 days ago
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
You'll work with our Art Director and Content Producers to create characters that fit a wide variety of styles for all types of musical performances. They will range from performer likenesses to fantastic creatures and from traditional outfits to outlandish costumes.
- Assess and plan out Show content and character needs, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions
- Assess artistic content and establish time and planning estimates by priority and importance
- Help lead training and knowledge sharing with other members of the team, including in a mentorship role
- Build and integrate assets into shows and find solutions that adhere to the style guide
- Collaborate with technical artists and other senior artists to ensure the technical and artistic quality
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction
- Work closely with the design team counterparts to shape and mold early design block-outs into visuals that work both for performances and desired art direction.
- Work closely with the Engineering, and Tech art teams to develop new workflows or improve upon existing tools and technologies to streamline efficiency.
- Efficiently communicate and support management and help communicate initiatives and company goals to the team
- Oversee optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Plan, estimate and prioritize time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools both for your own work and other team members
- Assist in the day to day management of tasks executed by outsource partners, including the planning and review of artwork
- Strong Demo reel / portfolio demonstrating high level of visual artistry
- Ability to capture likenesses in both a realistic and stylized visual direction
- Excellent understanding of real-time modeling techniques ( shaders, PBR, normal, displacement )
- Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of industry leading 3D modeling packages (such as ZBrush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer)
- Firm understanding of human anatomy
- 5+ years of Character experience working in Unreal Engine
- At least 1 shipped AAA title in the Sr. Character Artist Position
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Mobile Character development experience
- Good working knowledge of the UE4 Material editor
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce)
- Experience with constructing Character creator systems and editors
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and shipping highly polished experiences
- Keeps up to date on new tech and industry trends
- Musician/Music lover
- Passion for live events
- Experience developing musically reactive visuals