Senior Character Artist
2 months ago
Are you interested in creating world class, groundbreaking, interactive experiences on a large scale? If so, we're looking for an accomplished senior character artist to join a highly qualified technical team developing a brand-new Unity application.
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of characters and creative direction for a working first version alongside hardworking colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will collaborate with the leadership and wider team to evolve and define the vision of the characters and the experience. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you’ll be doing
- Creative Character concept and design & sculpting high-resolution characters
- Creating clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Working with Animators to ensure the character can be rigged and animated correctly
- Delivering feedback to outsourcing partners
- Maintaining high-quality standards across the entire character development pipeline
What we’re looking for
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette with a g ood eye for lighting, shade, color and detail
- Strong Maya, Blender, ZBrush, Blendshapes, skills
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality with strong organic modelling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures), and a keen interest in costume design with the ability to create a wide range of detailed clothing in various styles
- Proficient in Substance and Photoshop
- Ability to create highpoly and lowpoly models as well as textures
You might also have
- Marvelous Designer experience
- Extensive knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Strong hard-surface modelling skills
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.