Senior Character Artist
Milan Lombardy it
9 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Senior Character Artist to be involved in the creation of characters for a triple-A project.
The Artist will be in charge of producing, optimizing and revising high quality 3D characters for runtime/real-time purposes. He/she will work closely with the development team to integrate the work into the game and verify that all the elements interact properly.
- Create AAA quality high and low-poly models of characters following concept art and art direction and respecting the technical constraints;
- Develop high-quality assets, which inspire and realize the vision of the game and adjusting the work according to the narrative and visual storytelling;
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over character creation pipeline throughout the projects development;
- Participate in research and development for character techniques and pipelines;
- Help the team to set and maintain strong visual quality of the project;
- Plan, build and implement complex artistic assignments;
- Identify potential risks and challenges and suggests relevant solutions for the project;
- Contribute in establishing and optimizing pipelines for improving quality and time of production;
- Propose and implement artistic and technical solutions to address production issues;
- Share your knowledge and provide feedback to junior 3D artists.
- +5 years of experience in creating character models (within the gaming industry is an advantage);
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling, UV and texturing for games;
- Proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Photoshop and Substance Painter;
- Ability to digitally sculpt/model and texture both high and low polygon models;
- Strong knowledge of texturing & shading;
- Ability to construct and elaborate assets based on key reference or concepts;
- Experience with managing polygon count and texture budgets;
- Experience on real time rendering engine;
- Experience on managing high graphic performances on real time;
- Passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- Knowledge of English.
As a plus:
- Ability to manage VFX and lighting.
Initial fixed-term contract.
In order to consider your application, please send us a link to your portfolio/showreel.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.