This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist
Cary NC us
16 days ago
- Create AAA quality high and low-poly models of characters following concept art and art direction for in-game and cinematics.
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
- Photorealistic texturing of characters.
- Participate in research and development for character techniques and pipelines.
- Work effectively with other departments such as animation and game design to achieve the vision for gameplay and meet engine requirements.
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools.
- Maintain a relationship with outsourcing studios, reviewing their work and providing feedback A.
- Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over character creation pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the products.
- Inspire and empower the art teams to optimize their processes.
- Serve as mentor for junior artists.
- Provide team/company support - Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
- At Least 5 years’ experience creating in-game character models for shipped AAA games.
- Strong experience in conception and realization of character models.
- Thorough knowledge of 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques.
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient modeling technique.
- Experience with PBR based shaders.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Strong understanding of human anatomy.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Good positive attitude and outlook.
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents.
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Flexible work schedule.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six…
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.