Senior Character Artist
15 days ago
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Senior Character Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to create realistic, photo-real characters for our projects, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions. You will also be responsible for helping to define both the quality bar and optimal workflows for asset generation.
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Using production design art packs and concept art to create highly detailed character models.
- Highly accurate modelling with superb attention to detail.
- Good understanding of real-time hair creation and knowledge of skin shadersWorking closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Taking ownership of larger art tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
We're looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience as a character artist, working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end character modelling, sculpting and PBR materials.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photo-realistic character models, both at high and low resolutions.
- Marvelous Designer
- Substance Painter / Designer is an advantage
- In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy, including muscle positions (origin and insertion), bones and proportion.
- Good understanding of game topology, including edge flow and correct mesh creation for animation.
- Good understanding of the language of cloth.
- Excellent traditional art skills.
- XGen knowledge would be an advantage, but not required
You should have:
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- 6 x life assurance
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games