Senior Character Artist
6 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What We Do
We push artistic talent to the limit with our team of world-class artists from environment, character animation, FX, and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for Senior Character Artists to join our team working on Fortnite . In this role you will create top-quality characters for use in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing material.
In This Role You Will
- Create characters, enemies, and statues for environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team
- Based on visual style from the Art Director, collaborate on the visual style and ensure our designs are of the Epic quality bar
- Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters
- Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule
- Create alternate skin designs for approved hero characters
- Partner with other departments such as Character Design or Modeling team, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow
What We're Looking For
- Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward looking characters
- A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
- Experience creating mechanical designs
- Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of 3D software
- Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including (but not limited to):
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
New York City, NY
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.