Senior Character Artist
15 days ago
Standing Stone Games is looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to assist with production on its two MMO franchises, Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online. This role calls for an artist who is versatile at creating character related assets, as well as conceptualizing character assets and creatures, in a range of styles.
- Model, texture, and integrate characters, weapons, and props.
- Ability to adhere to and work within an established art style.
- Advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Understanding of rigging and animation, pertaining to games to ensure proper edge flow and deformation.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines of the development team (Animation, Tech Art, Design, Engineers.)
- Mentor and help grow junior artists ability on the team.
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Character Artist or 3D Artist.
- Proficient with industry standard software Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3D Coat.
- Self-motivated with great communication skills and sense of team work.
- Ability to learn proprietary tools relating to art integration/pipeline.
- Create clean and efficient, low resolution game topology, and UV’s.
- Online portfolio demonstrating relevant skills.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Traditional art skills a plus, such as life drawing, illustration, sculpting, etc…
- Actively seeks out new tools and processes.
- Conceptual design ability a plus.
- MMO experience a plus.
- Experience with version control such as perforce.
An art test may be required.
Note: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*