This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist
Build a Rocket Boy
Edinburgh Edinburgh, City of
6 months ago
As a Senior Character Artist, you will champion the creation of a cast array of in-game characters. Applying an excellent understanding of the technical process combined with the key fundamentals of anatomy and design, you will populate our product with believable world class character assets.
Working closely with the Character Lead Artist and the Art Director, you will model and texture a wide range of character assets and characters using the latest technologies.
- Work closely with the Lead Character Artist to create high quality, high resolution 3D characters - including clothing variations and props.
- Ensure assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Create best practice assets to serve as guidance to other team members.
- Implement and refine outsourced character assets.
- Incorporate scanned data into a sculpt-based workflow.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined ob-jectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Iterate on 3D content with in-house and external 3D artists.
- Mentor and inspire junior character artists.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement feedback from Lead Character Artist and Art Director.
- Implement and review final characters in the game engine.
- Experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D characters, UV maps and textures.
- Expert experience in creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation.
- Strong experience with texture authoring tools such as Substance.
- A minimum of 4 years professional experience as a Character Artist in the games industry.
- Expert experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Excellent sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar.
- An excellent understanding of anatomy and art fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.