ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting-edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and directed by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. From our community to our games, we are committed to respecting the rights and self-determination of all people. Our goal is simple: we seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where our teammates, especially those who are marginalized, can thrive. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is more than a statement, it is a core value which we continually strive to uphold through our words and our actions. We do not see that commitment as a milestone to be passed, but as a constant, ever-evolving process to be actively pursued, reviewed, and improved upon.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a passionate Senior Character Artist who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates from outside of BC, Canada.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Create detailed high-quality models, textures, and shaders for characters, creatures, costumes, and props for original and licenced IPs.
- Assist in the creation of character concepts; work with Concept Artists and 3D Artists to discuss style and technique to maintain visual consistency.
- In guidance with the Art Director, collaborate with other departments such as animation and game design to ensure artwork fits within the vision for gameplay and final execution. Able to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Conduct research for reference materials and tools, and actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Work closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional.
- Ensure and maintain proper animation geometry creation and function requirements are met.
- 3+ Years of industry experience and at least one AAA shipped title.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, proportions, functionality, and design.
- Proficient skills in creating game-ready organic and hard surface geometry using high-poly to low-poly modeling and PBR surfacing techniques.
- Very good texturing skills, mapping and normal map extraction techniques.
- Strong proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Proficiency creating node-based materials in Substance Designer and Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 3D and equivalent software.
- Familiar with the latest game technology, asset limitations and pipelines required for creating AAA-quality realistic and/or stylized game characters.
- Proficiency creating and modifying textures and high-quality color maps.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
- Experience shipping high quality console or mobile games with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 3D.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of Canada.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.