Senior Character Artist - XDefiant
11 days ago
As a Senior Character Artist on Ubisoft's, XDefiant project, you will develop 2D concept art into 3D game models for the game's continued development. You will apply core artistic skills daily using various digital tools and techniques creating in-game models of a character’s face, costume, hair, and other necessary assets. You will work closely with the team Lead, Concept Art team, Art Director, and others to deliver characters, which fully support the artistic and creative vision of the project.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and gather reference materials such as concept art, photography and others
- Create detailed sculpts following the artistic direction to serve as a strong base for in-game models
- Paying attention to detail and following the artistic direction of the game and its characters and art assets
- Retopologize and texture to deliver clean and optimized game geometry, detailed textures, and materials
- Integrate the characters with attention to the tech constraints, and artistic and gameplay requirements
- Solve daily artistic issues with thorough research and unlimited creative ideas
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, as well as other dev disciplines in the studio
- Share your knowledge and proactively help teammates, and share your research finding techniques and solutions
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve the Character Art pipeline
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to senior level of gaming industry experience with industry 3D packages
- Having demonstrated a strong interest in facial and head modeling in a realism environment
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Good working knowledge of and experience with facial and hair development
- Resourceful and you can work under high technical constraints
- Benefiting from excellent relational skills, you are a team player and proactive
- You have an inquisitive nature and a strong interest in the video games industry
- Good understanding of human anatomy
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $150,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.