Senior Character Artist - Vicarious Visions (Diablo)
25 days ago
Job Title:Senior Character Artist - Vicarious Visions (Diablo)
Vicarious Visions is seeking a Senior Character Artist for the Diablo Franchise!
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has had a vibrant and successful past of guitar playing, pro skating, and Wumpa Fruit hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are proud to join in the making of the Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
We are seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Senior Character Artist for Diablo.
As part of the character team you will work with concept artists, animators, designers and engineers to create characters, creatures and weapons in the Diablo universe. The ideal candidate understands that character work does not end in ZBrush, and can texture, model and optimize just as well as they can sculpt. We hire people that collaborate well with equally passionate developers and share our love for games.
- Collaborate with artists, designers and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- Sculpt detailed high-poly models and create efficient low-poly meshes for characters, creatures, weapons and armor
- Create high quality textures and author materials
- Ensure that character art supports gameplay and performance
- Help develop character art best practices and mentor others as needed
- 6-8+ years game development experience, specifically creating real time characters and items using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional understanding of human/creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- An aesthetic eye for costuming and visual design
- Strong knowledge of medieval weapon and armor design
- Demonstrated proficiency with current techniques and PBR workflows
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D character artist
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration and conceptual design
- Proficiency with Substance Designer, and Marvelous Designer
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation, and deformation
- Passion for all things games, Blizzard, and Diablo!
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant artwork, online preferred
- An art test may be required
Our studio, part of Blizzard Entertainment, is located in beautiful upstate New York and provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. We are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!