Senior Character Artist - (M/F)
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
14 days ago
Within the studio, you will be part of a mobile AAA project, working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Artistic Director.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will work on the creation of 3D assets with goal of pushing the game's visual quality to the max.
You will be tasked with the following in particular:
· Producing sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions
· Stating ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and creates of new illustrations
· Effectively communicating visual intentions with wider team
· Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
· Convey the color pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
· You have a minimum 6 years' experience as a Character Artist, and have taken part in the production of a game.
· You are fully at ease with the various steps in the design of real-time 3D assets: high and low poly modelling, baking processes (organic and hard surface), and texturing (realistic and stylized).
· You are proficient with 3DSMax, Zbrush, Substance Suite and Photoshop.
· You know how to integrate your assets in Unity.
· Knowledge of Houdini is a plus.
· Self-sufficient and resourceful, you are able to work under high technical constraints.
· Benefiting from excellent relational skills, you are a team player and proactive.
· You have an inquisitive nature and a strong interest in the video games industry
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Opened in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is a French AAA Studio responsible for games such as Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Beyond Good & Evil, Steep and the Rabbids. Ubisoft Bordeaux already has more than 230 employees and works with the studios of Annecy, Montpellier and Paris.
In collaboration with Ubisoft Paris Mobile, Ubisoft Bordeaux is proud to participate in the development of a mobile game adapted from one of our biggest international AAA brands! Are you dreaming of taking part in this new challenge? We are currently looking for a Senior Character Artist (M/F): discover the missions below and join our mobile teams!