This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist - (M/F)
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
22 days ago
Within the studio, you will be part of a mobile AAA project, working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Artistic Director.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will work on the creation of 3D assets with goal of pushing the game's visual quality to the max.
You will be tasked with the following in particular:
- Producing sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions
- Stating ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and creates of new illustrations
- Effectively communicating visual intentions with wider team
- Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the color pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
- You have a minimum 6 years' experience as a Character Artist, and have taken part in the production of a game.
- You are fully at ease with the various steps in the design of real-time 3D assets: high and low poly modelling, baking processes (organic and hard surface), and texturing (realistic and stylized).
- You are proficient with 3DSMax, Zbrush, Substance Suite and Photoshop.
- You know how to integrate your assets in Unity.
- Knowledge of Houdini is a plus.
- Self-sufficient and resourceful, you are able to work under high technical constraints.
- Benefiting from excellent relational skills, you are a team player and proactive.
- You have an inquisitive nature and a strong interest in the video games industry
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
We are currently looking for a Senior Character Artist (M/F) discover the missions below and join our mobile teams!