Senior Product Manager - Product Strategy
5 months ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
Jam City is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Central Product team.
- Determine/own the strategy/roadmap for feature teardowns as well as helping prioritize development of feature wins across our portfolio
- Collaborate with game teams to help define product vision and strategy based on deep understanding of game design and engagement/monetization mechanics
- Partner closely with production and design teams to conceptualize, spec, and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems and modalities of play
- Tear down innovative product features across competitor titles to inform game teams and senior executive of current product trends; be the product ‘eyes and ears’ of the organization
- Lead central product initiatives that influence product design across game teams; lead product initiatives through rigorous analysis, expert communication, and influence
- Analyze game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization, virality) and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Partner effectively across marketing, consumer insights, and other core functions to drive value for game teams and senior executives.
- Strong passion for video games
- Self-starter; internally motivated to solve problems through combination of critical thinking and creativity
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines and influence effectively
- 3-5 years of experience in mobile gaming, top-tier consulting, tech product management, or similar functions
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters in Excel
- Excellent data analysis & SQL skills required
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Performance-driven self-starter and team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science and/or Engineering or MBA from top B-school preferred
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.