Senior Software Engineer - Game Engine Core Systems
San Mateo, CA, United States
9 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Core Systems on our game engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build is a very large and complex application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine, from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge C++ software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing game engine team.
- Experienced: you've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Platform-savvy: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Find solutions which conserve battery on mobile devices while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
Roblox – Powering Imagination.