This job might no longer be available.
Senior C++ Software Engineer-Engine Networking
6 months ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Engine Networking Team pulls the players together by ensuring the communication of the game state to all. You will help the players experience the game as a nearly synchronous world. Just as the nerves in our bodies coordinate our actions, the network system coordinates all the computers involved into a smooth experience for the players. You will work in all areas of the game platform in your quest for real-time communication of every part of Roblox.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming Fascinated by the actual work the CPU does when you use smart pointers, templates, virtual functions, and blocks of memory, both structured and raw.
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: You understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Keen to understand each millisecond of the network exchanges: You know where the time goes and how to reduce the waste
- Multi-platform: You understand, across all platforms, what happens on the hardware-level when certain code is executed.
- Ready for a challenge: You are eager to tackle the hardest distributed networking problems in the world.
- You will develop network communication code that creates a smooth and real-time experience for Roblox users worldwide.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience
- You will work on a very large multithreaded distributed system that connects millions of users worldwide.
- You will work on all the devices Roblox supports - from desktop clients to mobile phone clients to console clients
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass