Senior C++ Game Programmer
12 days ago
As a Senior Game Programmer, you will build and refine gameplay features by leveraging your knowledge of C++ and Unreal Engine and be responsible for the design, implementation, optimization and maintenance of the technology used in our new open world and creature capture game, Overworld. You will collaborate closely with game designers and with other engineers and programmers to build the tech that drives our projects, and you’ll have the chance to try out your skills in a variety of areas of game programming.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain-based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely, so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end, all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Implement gameplay features according to the game design documents and technical specifications.
- Write clean, performant C++ code that adheres to defined standards.
- Contribute considerably to the design of gameplay and tools systems.
- Develop, modify, and debug software in script and C++.
- Collaborate with other internal departments, including Art, Game Development and QA.
- Find gaps in design and fill them by asking pertinent questions, then document your findings, including documenting software and features for internal teams.
- Be an active participant in the code review process.
Skills and Qualifications
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one of them in either a AAA or large Indie studio.
- Expert-level C++ knowledge with at least five years of experience.
- Expert-level Unreal Engine knowledge with at least five years of experience.
- Understanding of version control and agile processes (Git, pull requests, feature branches, story points, etc.)
- Able to anticipate long-term issues and problems but also build for the present
- Able to work independently but also engage with the team.
- Have an interest in gaming, blockchain, or both.
- Familiarity with REST/HTTP based backend systems
- Passion playing or developing open-world games.
- Familiarity with physics simulation.
- Experience with PC and Mac game development.
- Expertise with Unreal Engine 5.
All of our jobs are 100% remote, and we are looking to find the best talent globally!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.