12 days ago
Job Title:Senior Buyer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Activision Blizzard King (ABK) is looking for an IT Procurement Senior Buyer to support the sourcing, procurement, invoicing, and payment processes within the ABK IT Global Purchasing Department based in Irvine, CA. The IT Procurement Senior Buyer will directly support the global ABK IT Department associated spend with their purchasing needs and requirements through a structured approach to ordering, processing, and controlling the payment process of purchase orders and invoices.
The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy individual who will work within the ABK Global Tech & IT Procurement department to facilitate daily operations. This person will also interact with our employees as a category expert for their specialty area. This person, who will also contribute to long-term projects, must be highly organized, and be able to work independently with little guidance.
We are looking for someone with senior experience in IT software licenses with a proven and successful record of managing IT suppliers in the global purchasing space. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building and maintaining great relationships both internally as well as externally with our IT supplier base.
- As part of the Global Tech Procurement team, this role will be responsible for raising purchase orders for ABK’s internal customers into the e-procurement system (iProc/Oracle) for the purchase of software and other products to fulfil internal requests received via our ticketing system (ServiceNOW).
- Lead the sourcing and purchasing activities of new software and services based on business needs.
- Additionally, and depending on required team support and business needs, purchases related to hardware could also be assigned to ensure no business disruptions.
- Work in collaboration with the Sourcing/Category managers to provide support to the development of complex commercial strategies that balance cost, quality, and risk.
- Define and use creative negotiation strategies and plans to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
- Become the expert on your category and be able to help customers (company employees and stakeholders) with purchasing requests.
- Conduct analysis to identify and validate financial savings for the category managed.
- Provide analytical and research support to projects and activities across your category area.
- Establish a preferred supplier program by category.
- Support the execution of purchasing activities including the preparation and management of medium-sized purchasing events (RFIs/RFQs/RFPs), supplier evaluation and selection, negotiation, and contracting activities including the review and validation of business commercial terms and conditions.
- Perform some transactional duties including the placing of purchase orders, monthly reconciling of your company P-Card, fulfilment of requests through the company’s ticketing system.
- Take responsibility for accurate and on-time delivery of orders; follow-up on POs with suppliers and manage delivery date expectations as necessary with all relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to the global purchasing team, guiding and directing activities of fellow Buyers as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Finance department to resolve supplier payment issues.
- Support ABK-global initiatives in the purchasing space, as required by the leadership team, including process improvements, optimization and streamlining projects.
- Follow global procurement policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent education/work experience.
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy in numerical transactions and financial calculations.
- Proven negotiations skills with related purchasing experience in organizations with multi-million-dollar budget spends in the tech and IT arena. Ideally, experience gained in Tech procurement and in software and services.
- Experience of managing suppliers and stakeholders, globally.
- Experience of commercial negotiation with global footprint suppliers and vendors.
- Medium-level legal contractual knowledge and advanced experience on contract negotiation.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal customers and external vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal (soft), verbal and written communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and to take initiative when required by specific situations and scenarios.
- Able to maintain high confidentiality.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.