This job might no longer be available.
Senior Business and Strategy Manager
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Senior Business and Strategy Manager to join our PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now) team. This role sits within the Global Store and Services organization, that manages both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation, a key revenue generator and innovator for Sony Interactive Entertainment.
This role is responsible for defining product plans and strategies that offer outstanding experiences to our subscribers, making PlayStation the platform of choice among consumers. This role will work with cross functional teams including product management, marketing, and analytics to define product plans, product market fit, go-to-market strategies, and feature and functionality recommendations for next gen service offerings. This involves developing a clearly articulated strategy and execution plan that benefits our subscribers while delivering on desired business outcomes. S/he will define critical metrics for the business and lead teams to track and strategically react to business performance to drive business growth. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is very important, as s/he will lead communication with leadership, key partners across a global organization and publishing partners.
- Define product improvement opportunities for the PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now), articulating plans and policies that deliver best in class service outcomes for the business, publishing partners and customers.
- Deliver business results in terms of subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention
- Coach team members to develop and drive detailed analysis and business case recommendations around new ideas, the customer value proposition, and the final customer-facing product and lead alignment and consensus across different stakeholders within a matrixed, global organization
- Focus on continual improvement and streamlining of processes to ensure best quality outcomes
- Clearly articulate the big vision while being specific in defining any product, financial, and resource requirements for the business.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to propose, shape and lead new propositions and strategies throughout a complex, global organization
- 12+ years of experience in digital media, executing and delivering on product and business strategies
- Ability to lead individuals in creating and executing the best solutions for the business, partners and consumers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skill
- Ability to work varying hours as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Ability to travel to other Sony locations, both domestic and international, approximately 25% of the time in support of global business operations
- Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Advanced degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.