Senior Business Program Manager
9 days ago
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Jagex External Services team are responsible for business partnerships, facilitating the relationship between external outsource studios and internal Jagex teams, for any services related to game development, production and publishing.
In this role you will lead, and take responsibility for, the Jagex External Services business programs and initiatives, supporting internal clients outsource requirements.
You will create and drive the strategy for what JXS will become in the next 1 to 3 years.
Working with the wider Games Operations teams you will create and maintain strong relationships with the game industry outsourcing eco-system and beyond.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, analyse and articulate business needs from internal cross functional teams with external outsource studios.
- Leverage network of relationships within the game industry eco-system to support solution identification.
- Create business plans, justifications and breakdown of opportunities into clear and understandable formats for presentation to teams, studio or SLT.
- Onboarding facilitation of outsource partners, including identification & validation, RFP, vendor selection, rate negotiation, vendor due diligence.
- Partnership with internal Jagex Central Studio teams including legal, finance, IT and HR on requisite due diligence, contract negotiation & execution.
- Ongoing relationship with outsource partners including strategic planning, partner development, strategic account management, business reviews, program management.
- Partnering with Game Operations Development Team and WFM analysis to ensure accurate contract, invoice, payment and budget tracking.
- Partnering with Game Operations Development Team and WFM analysis for creation of meaningful, high-level, related KPIs for ongoing reporting to SLT and Exec.
- Use your excellent leadership and communication skills, diplomacy, balanced decisiveness, clarity in judgment for establishing and balancing multiple priorities.
- Bring sound negotiation strategies based on data analysis, market knowledge and personal judgment.
- By being intrapreneurial, highly organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, you will follow through with actions on business plans and operational strategies.
- BA/BSc in tech, digital media, business, other related field or equivalent work life experience.
- Demonstratable relevant experience with business development, negotiation, strategic account, client and partner management.
- Program management experience, ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to think systematically and analytically across complex issues, leading to strategic recommendations, tactical action plans and executing on those.
- Established network of strong relationships within game industry eco-system (partners, potential partners, external studios and other specialist studios) to support solution identification.
- Experience building business frameworks and documentation for evaluating new business partnership opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of the game industry, trends and market competition for external services.
- Pluses & Power-Ups.
- MBA, similar qualification or entrepreneurial experience.
- Experience of selling services, having been on “both sides of the negotiation table”.
- Data analysis, forecasting or AI/ML experience relating to future trends in games services.
- Playing video games of any genre.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.