Senior Business/Operations Recruiter
San Francisco, CA, United States
10 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a competitive person who thrives on relationship building. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization. You are good at sourcing, identifying talent and qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. Your organized, driven and eager to help build a network of talent.
What you'll do:
- Help identify, source and screen non-technical top tier talent
- Utilize recruiting tools such as Linkedin, Google, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to identify talent for position requirements
- Help manage candidate flow through our in-house tracking systems. (Familiarity Greenhouse is a plus)
- Work directly with the hiring managers to help coordinate all aspects of recruiting
- Produce detailed reporting around recruiting metrics
- Provide a fast and diligent experience for every candidate from the application stage to the on-boarding process
- Meet aggressive hiring goals in various areas
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs and current candidate pipelines
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to partner with HR as well as senior management to draw up job descriptions, negotiate and close offers
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Agency recruiting experience (a mix of agency and corporate would be ideal)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don’t know it already (e.g., google docs, google drive, applicant tracking systems)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .