Senior Business Manager - Digital Sales
15 days ago
Senior Business Manager - Digital Sales
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
The Senior Business Manager - Digital Sales is a newly created role and will join our expanding Sega of Europe (SOE) Digital Sales team, looking after PC Direct to Consumer business, 1st Party digital commerce relationships, and internal stakeholders for specific SEGA Studios and 3 rd party digital business. Working with the Director of Digital Sales and the wider Commercial Publishing team, you will manage the day-to-day business with business contacts, including new release planning, pricing, promotions, and special projects. Additionally, through organisation and communication with key internal stakeholders (SEGA Content Pillars, Commercial Publishing, Brand, Marketing, PD, Legal, Finance, and local territory teams), you will help ensure all programs are in line with the global business goals.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will be a dynamic sales manager with considerable experience in the gaming industry and a proven track record of launching digital games across PC and console. You will be capable of working within a dynamic sales team, whilst effectively managing a diverse base of internal and external stakeholders. Essentially, you will have a passion and in-depth knowledge of the ever-changing video games industry and will be capable of delivering commercial targets and driving strategy.
- Manage and deliver the SEGA Digital Sales Business Plan target.
- Support SEGA’s Pillar teams with launch & lifecycle planning strategies and implementation.
- Work with internal global stakeholders to integrate Digital into the wider program of activity for SEGA.
- Develop, maintain, and grow the day-to-day relationships with 1st Party and 3rd party partners in EMEA and NSCA, positioning SEGA as a key business partner.
- Manage day-to-day partner requirements, level of business, and agreement status.
- Develop and implement programs to support new and existing digital content on the current and new platforms and through supporting marketing activity.
- Work with key internal teams (Brand, Marketing, PD, Operations) to deliver product releases and secure the appropriate support as required.
- Internally liaise with the broader Commercial Publishing, Operations, Legal, Marketing, PD, Legal, Finance and local business teams to ensure activity is regionally and globally optimized.
- Manage and lead on all commercial matters (pricing, promotions, forex) for SEGA content.
- Become a subject matter expert in the areas that deliver digital commercial success.
- Be at the forefront of new digital initiatives and provide insight on potential new digital opportunities.
- Support the Director of Digital Sales in the long-term growth of Digital business.
- Participate in internal planning discussions, e.g., provide feedback on upcoming digital product SKU configurations and program opportunities.
- Develop and potentially lead ad-hoc special projects to support the wider 1st Party relationships.
- Evaluate and recommend content for Sega’s future Digital catalog.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with digital content within a Commercial, Business Development, or Marketing role within the gaming industry.
- An expert understanding of the digital ecosystems is required.
- An experienced communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to understand the different regional business nuances.
- Experience in delivering project-based work.
- A creative thinker with a proven track record of problem-solving.
- Accomplished in relationship building and negotiation.
- Experience working across EMEA and NCSA markets preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.