Senior Business Analyst
1 month ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented Business Analyst who possesses a passion for data and games. This candidate loves a variety of data, context, and business problems; they also want to ensure we collect the best data and produce the best insights for the situation.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Partner with product managers and leadership to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights.
- Partner with development teams to identify opportunities for data collection.
- Advise stakeholders on product and analytics capabilities and methodologies, leveraging past insights and work where applicable.
- Lead data requirements gathering for our title updates and other game-related launches.
- Actively participate in our data taxonomy and data governance initiatives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with development teams and analytics team members in the creation of data based on product and insight requirements.
- Assemble the appropriate documentation and workflows to reflect cross-department needs surrounding data.
- Build out automated reporting to help leverage our insights across the company.
- Collaborate with the analytics tech leads to establish best practices for repeated application.
- 5+ years of experience as Business Analyst.
- Experience with SQL required. Experience with big data, data modelling, and/or data architecture desired.
- Hands-on experience in data requirements and technical requirements gathering, preferably in the following sectors: video games, e-commerce, digital products, digital video, sports, media and entertainment.
- Experience creating cross-functional documentation for multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Good knowledge of Tableau required.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
- Experience in communicating to and working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving and meticulous organizational skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a track record of success in leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop and Snowflake.
- Experience with Tableau and Alation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.