Senior Business Analyst
10 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most hardworking game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusive environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people!
What We Need
This role is part of the 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. We partner across the organization through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. We are seeking a highly-skilled senior business analyst who excels at developing effective analytical models and frameworks. To optimize business decision-making, collecting data directly from company data sources (i.e., SQL, Tableau), and effectively collaborating and communicating across all major functions to improve business performance.
What You Will Do
- Use Microsoft Excel to build product or sales forecasts, user growth models, user engagement models, and additional analytical projects
- Build, modify and maintain SQL queries within Snowflake (and other tools) to analyze player behaviors
- Build Tableau dashboards and reports for use by team members across Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Data Sciences, Partnerships, Product Development, and more
- Develop and report critical metrics, models, and analyses for game insights and rally teams to recommended actions
- Partner with data science colleagues to prioritize, develop and demonstrate sophisticated machine learning models
- Write goals to optimize business results, improving decision making, and enhancing the customer experience (user, gameplay, systems, monetization, telemetry)
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Experienced and hands-on with Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience with analytics for physical and digital products and services
- Comfortable in the discovery and production phases of a project and scaling stage of business operations to drive growth
- Superb communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization and personality types
- Experience packaging and presenting your analysis, conclusions, and recommendations to executives and senior leaders
- Video games industry experience and/or a strong passion for gaming
- Knowledge and/or application of Statistics and Machine Learning
- Management Consulting or Investment Banking experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.