Senior Build Engineer
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Build Engineer.
- Produce a great deal of builds daily for QA and public distribution; which includes builds review, tracking, diagnosis, delivery, and archiving.
- Creation of distribution builds and end-user presentation (installers, console finishing protocols, etc.).
- Design and implement tools and processes to support build automation and accurate delivery.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that block smooth delivery of both internal builds to development teams and external builds to customers.
- Be communicative to production about the status of builds, including changing priorities, product holds, engine stability, and estimation of delivery.
- Surveying and notification of console development changes in support of the engineering team.
- Knowledge and background in build management and distribution (Console experience preferred).
- Knowledge and background in continuous integration and automation systems (Jenkins, Cruise control, QuickBuild, anthill, Teamcity, etc.; Particularly Jenkins).
- Able to demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Have proven strong organizational skills and task management skills.
- Experience with C/C++ and development tools like Visual Studio.
- Have a solid understanding of game platforms, systems, and digital distribution.
- Responsible for consistent build delivery across multiple concurrent projects with multiple SKUs.
- Experience with Perforce, or other version control systems.
- Experience with bug-tracking software (JIRA, BugZilla, Hansoft, etc).
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 is a big advantage
- 3 or more years experience in the games industry.
- Previous build experience with any of the following platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, PS4, Xbox, Switch, Android.
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Experience with Windows software development using C++ and/or C#.
- Experience with PC installer technologies (MSI, NSIS, etc.).
- Experience with deploying SQL changes.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IIS web applications.
- Basic system administration skills (Windows, Linux).
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.