This job might no longer be available.
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER
Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. The Brand Marketing Team is comprised of experienced, award-winning marketing and brand professionals working together and across the company to create innovative campaigns for 2K’s latest games.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join its core game team as a project lead for Gearbox partner projects. This role is positioned within the Global Brand Management team and will report to the Sr. Director of Brand. As the Sr. Brand Manager, you will be the project lead, focused on developing global, insights-driven strategies that drive acquisition, engagement and monetization opportunities for live-service focused projects. The ideal candidate will have expertise in developing blockbuster entertainment brand strategies and have expertise managing live service products in gaming or other entertainment and/or technology sectors. From a place of both art and science s/he must enjoy working collaboratively and be able to create innovative global marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, external agencies and studio leadership based on key consumer insights and established KPIs for the businesses.
What You Will Do:
Collaborate with Development Studio and Global Publishing partners to develop and execute insights-driven global brand marketing strategies from initial concept inception, through development, launch and beyond that to maximize long-term acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Set global marketing and brand strategies, defining target audience, product positioning and franchise key performance indicators overseeing the tracking and analysis of marketing program returns
- Work with go to market teams to brief and guide campaign development process and ensure the GTM campaigns are on brand, as well as set up to deliver the marketing and business targets
- Lead the marketing collaboration process that evaluates metrics, flags opportunities / risks and drives org to solutions that foster acquisition, engagement and retention
- Provide product / competitive expertise for Development, Marketing and Publishing teams
- Manage brief development for brand creative strategy and development including digital content, key art, packaging, advertising creative (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, web and point-of-sale materials
- Partner with creative agencies and in-house creative departments in development, and flawless execution of, marketing plans and programs
- Partner with in-house and external public relations & community teams in developing comms strategy/execution
- Maximize retail marketing effectiveness in conjunction with Channel Marketing Team while providing support to Take-Two sales force
- Manage relationships with all other internal stakeholders across studios, publishing and all other cross-functional teams to ensure full team collaboration and alignment against the goals of the project
- Analyze project performance data, including consumer sales and in-game engagement data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results
- Manage brand marketing budget; authorize, manage and track expenditures
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
If you’re an innovative, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K’s team of award-winning brand marketers. You’ll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative programs that will delight our fans who will share your work with their friends. You’ll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams, and orchestrating execution excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of marketing management or product management, preferably in gaming or entertainment
- Global experience or demonstrated global mindset
- Have created and executed creative marketing programs on blockbuster entertainment brands
- Experience managing live service products in gaming and or other entertainment and/or technology sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to work collaboratively across a number of internal and external teams, including the ability to sell-in ideas and programs at the highest levels of studio leadership
- Solid understanding of video games and the video game landscape; Preferably with a knowledge of 2K’s franchises
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support/satellite office meetings)