Senior Brand Manager (Mobile)
23 days ago
Job Title:Senior Brand Manager (Mobile)
Activision Blizzard Japan is on a quest to find a legendary talent of Senior Brand Manager for Mobile Publishing, who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has demonstrated oneself as a leader of high-functioning cross-discipline publishing teams. Not only do they have a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but they also have a keen appreciation of the role community, PR, creative, and development teams play in creating world-class publishing experiences. They will tailor and execute the HQ Publishing and product positioning plans for mobile games with local nuances, develop creative campaigns, and shape long-term publishing strategy in Japan market. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower our games to succeed. Most importantly, they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Leadership. Servant-lead with clarity and empathy, providing publishing teams with a clear brand vision for the franchise, being receptive to their needs, and constantly power-leveling their talent trees.
- Strategic Planning. Drive both short and long-term strategic planning for a franchise, setting local publishing goals and plans, identifying key beats & KPIs, setting and managing the spend, applying publishing frameworks, and aligning staffing with the needs of the franchise.
- Product Campaigns. Manage local execution around go-to-market plans with the precision of a raid leader for product announcements, features, and updates. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and of course, to not stand in the fire.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across cross-functional local and HQ publishing teams.
- Communication. Persuasive high-level communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of audiences and prepare executive-ready presentative materials
- Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with local players, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know, be relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit the desired outcome and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- 10+ years’ experience in publishing or operating games on various platforms. Mobile platform preferred
- Veteran leading global launch campaigns at the local scale, including mobile products, and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans.
- Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentations skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Experience working effectively and constructively with publishing and external agency teams
- Firm and expansive understanding of the mobile games industry
- Rich understanding and experience in Japan mobile game market and consumer behavior
- RPG/Strategy genre experiences with in-game economy management
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing is also a requirement (UA, CRM/lifecycle, social/digital, etc.)
- Experience in the mobile game launch in Japan market
- Native Japanese skills and Proficient English levels
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.