This job might no longer be available.
Illustration Supervisor - Diablo IV | Albany NY, or Irvine, CA
1 month ago
Job Title:Illustration Supervisor - Diablo IV | Albany NY, or Irvine, CA
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you’re a highly motivated and experienced Illustrator with a focus on Branding, then come work with us to build something extraordinary.
We are looking for someone to create unique illustrations and oversee external illustrations to set the highest standard for our brand through a variety of new media products, including (but not limited to) convention stages, print assets, web-based assets, clothing, collectibles, and more.
The Brand Illustrator is the setting the illustration quality standards for our products within the Diablo franchise. This person will not only lean on the history, understand the brand at a very fundamental level, but also add to the expansive visual storytelling of Diablo to delight our players. The role requires extensive knowledge and experience of illustration - including a master level understanding of anatomy, architecture, design, color theory, rendering knowledge and the ability to promote the Diablo core art principles to all our products.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
- Create illustration art for patches, cover art, and key art pieces for Diablo
- Create illustration quality key art production paintings
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that promote the brand of Diablo
- Self-motivated and desire to problem solve with Art Directors
- Curate and grow the library of illustrations for all our partners
- Communicate with Production, Art, and other departments as needed to get accurate creative briefs for the work you are producing.
- Regularly check-in and align with the Art Director on the quality of work in development
Stuff You Are Familiar With
- Extensive experience creating illustration artwork for animation, film, or games (can be video, card, board, etc. games)
- Painting that demonstrates a wide range of techniques from classical to stylized that shows a deep understanding of composition, color theory and story telling
- A thorough understanding of 2D art software
- Knowledge of 3d and game engines is a plus
- Extensively understand the visual style of Diablo
And Yeah, You Will Need These Things To Apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.