Senior Backend Software Engineer - Roblox OS
9 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will build systems that make us more productive and allow the entire organization to grow. You will help us combine internal tools and third-party applications for People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, and Business Analytics.
This is a new team at Roblox and we need a team member who can work with a high level of freedom and autonomy, advocate the best development practices and collaborate with outside vendors, and work with Roblox Executives daily.
- Experienced in modern backend development, DevOps, microservices, containers, databases, etc.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and well-monitored code
- Effective at deploying and maintaining production environments
- Passionate about working with users to build tools that provide insights and improve workflows
- Comfortable working across multiple teams to make tradeoffs and quick decisions
- Work with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help refine requirements
- Develop mockups and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple partners
- Ensure projects are well-planned, performant, and delivered
- Develop systems that will be used by the entire company
- Report to the Engineering Manager of the ROS team
- 4+ years of experience building backend systems, microservices, and applications
- 2+ years of experience leading large technical projects with multiple team members involved
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.