Senior Backend Engineer
6 months ago
In this role at Epic, you'll be at the center of services that power our customer Ecommerce related experiences for all products around the globe. You'll work closely with our teams to build and support systems that deliver good user experience, high performance, secure and reliable functionalities. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We're looking for a skilled, dependable, innovator who plays well with others and enjoys finding creative solutions.
- Design, implement, and iterate on scalable, secure, highly-available, backend services
- Maintain code quality internally and from outsourced partners
- Communicate technical risks within and across the group
- Handle various real-time issues on online services and platform
- Collect and analyze metrics from online services
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Passionate about building and maintaining consumer-facing online applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- 5+ years of experience in building online service or web systems
- Deep knowledge of the object-oriented language (preferably Java), design and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of restful API design and implementation
- Deep knowledge of database systems both relational and NoSQL database
- Experience of utilizing cache, messaging, async processing, etc. in online services
- Experience with deploying and running services on a large scale and mission-critical environment
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment
- Experience in building ECommerce / Publishing system is a plus
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.