This job might no longer be available.
Senior Backend Engineer- Stumble Guys
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to join our Stumble Guys team in Dundee!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Stumble Guys is one of our most recent hits, with tens of millions of fans joining the party every single day, constantly keeping it at the top of the charts in over 50 countries and with the ambition of becoming nothing less than a beloved franchise and to be played for many years to come.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop and deploy server-side features and APIs for Scopely's multi-million user games
- Implement services that often generate significant revenue impact for the company
- Examples include matchmaking, tournaments, in-app purchasing conduits, etc
- Work with the wider business to identify and mitigate risks and to plan effective roadmaps for delivery
- Ensure that Scopely's games and services maintain high uptime and low latency
- Build, maintain and continuously improve our infrastructure systems based on AWS/Azure: Redis, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, AutoScaling, Elasticsearch, etc
- Collaborate with a team of client and server engineers to build complex features with client-server interaction
- Coach and Mentor junior engineers in your pod to help the whole team reach their goals
What We’re Looking For
- Experience working closely with product representatives to build and improve the game features that our users are demanding
- Experience designing and building reliable and fault tolerant, yet simple and easy to operate applications and systems
- Expertise in one of more of the following languages: Java, C#, Golang, Python or PHP (we use C# on the server, but many of our engineers had background in other languages)
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other similar techniques to improve application throughput
- Real, hands-on experience building massively scalable server side systems
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, specifically, but not limited to, Azure
- Understanding and have worked with different database technologies (database tuning, query optimization, NoSQL data modelling), caching solutions, and queue technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of instrumentation and monitoring techniques and technologies (like statsd, DataDog, Grafana, etc.)
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.