Senior Backend Engineer / Solutions Architect
14 days ago
** This job is open to all applicants authorized to work in North America and is remote!
Battlefy needs your help to make esports shine. In this Backend Software Engineering role, you will be architecting our product, aiding in testability, scalability and extensibility that will allow us to power premium experiences. We are looking for talented individuals who deeply care for their team, clients and the business of competitive gaming.
We build esports experiences for some of the globe's leading brands, such as Riot Games and Electronic Arts. We're bringing video games to the world by promoting organized competition, and we are incredibly excited about the future of esports.
You will be able to leverage your expertise in not only software but also video games and competitions. We will support your growth as an individual, provide you with new challenges, and compensate you fairly for your contributions. Your work will be valued at Battlefy. We're building something new -- a thriving ecosystem of players, organizers, and sponsors.
Who will you be working with? Only some of the biggest brands on the planet. We're helping companies of all sizes to engage with the esports community.
If you're interested in learning more about the kinds of problems we work on, check out our technical blog, which is updated weekly.
- Be the go to when it comes to technical design on a systems level for a scalable and extensible environment.
- Champion Domain Driven Design in order to keep our software maintainable as product complexities increase.
- Be able to design API’s for services to interact and work with one another and create documentation for other developers to onboard.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and other engineers, etc to ensure we are prioritizing the highest impact requests
- Write semantic and human understandable code to deliver on product features that incorporate your technical design specifications
- Passionate and ready to challenge yourself to chase goals on a daily basis
- A strong communicator, able to see the big picture and relay that in an inspiring way to others.
- Persistent and willing to go the extra mile to get things done.
- Four or more years of work experience in software development with a back end focus preferably working with previous SaaS software.
- experience with:
- MongoDB / PostgreSQL
- GitHub Actions
- Amazon Web Services
What you’ll get
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Fitness budget
- Company sponsored team-building events
- Be a part of a group of like minded individuals who will push each other to better themselves everyday