Senior Backend Engineer I
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Star Trek Fleet Command team in either Ireland, Spain, Portugal or the UK on a hybrid/remote basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed multi-platform 4X MMO was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You Will Do
- You will be part of a small, skilled development team, who are tasked with the development of new features and improvement of existing ones to bring new content to the players on highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency
- The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for games and delivering new exciting features for the players
- Highly experienced being part of a professional development team or other relevant area
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale
- MMO games, high-traffic web systems or applications
- Strong development skills in Python
- Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and Docker containers, as well as Redis, MySQL (or similar database systems)
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Experience in version control, especially multi-track development and familiarity with deployments methodologies and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Datadog
- Experience with Protobuf, Websockets
- Experience building multi-tenant systems
- Low latency or real time systems
- Star Trek Fan
- Previous experience with game development
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.