Senior Back End Developer - Elixir
18 days ago
The Square Enix Online Development team is on the lookout for a talented Senior Back End Developer with significantly Elixir development experience. Working as an integral part of the Back end team you will provide the business with user and player related services in a diverse and dynamic environment.
The Back End team manages single sign-on across all our websites and games, links our users to their identities on other platforms and integrates with a number of other internal services and sources of data. It provides all the required tools like CMS, internal and external APIs with attention to security. As a key member of this team you will contribute to the ongoing development of these services.
The successful candidate will need strong, commercially proven experience developing APIs following proven patterns and coding styles and will be expected to work as part of an agile team maintaining the operation of the different platforms and building out new features. They will also be expected to participate in architectural design and planning, as well as contributing to the ongoing documentation of the project and providing support for the other teams using the platform.
If this role feels like a good fit and you are seeking a position in a dynamic and fast paced development environment we would love to hear from you.
- Developing and maintaining essential systems, providing new ideas to improve and expand the current setup.
- API management and design with support from other stakeholders for continued efficient running of our services.
- Ongoing technical management, in conjunction with other internal stakeholders, of Online development projects.
- Functional requirement gathering and documentation.
Online Development team: Senior Online Operations Manager, Online Development Director.
IT team: Infrastructure Design Manager, Web Infrastructure Manager.
Development studios: Live Game Managers, Producers.
Manager - Technical Architecture
Knowledge and Experience
- Online application development experience in a creative, data driven industry.
- Extensive and high level experience with Erlang/Elixir
Professional experience in the following areas:
- Developing web applications using any major/modern language
- RESTful APIs design and implementation
- Authentication systems and protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, SSO, ...)
- Microservices Architecture
- Source control and version management systems (Git)
- Relational and NoSQL database design and operation
- Development within a Linux environment
- Solid code quality principles (test coverage, design patterns, …)
- Experience with CI/CD flows
- Understanding of server and networking infrastructure.
- Application development and management in cloud environments such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
- Web or online application development experience in some segment of the videogames industry.
- Development experience in an online commercial environment.
- Exposure to different technologies
- Advanced database design and operation including experience with NoSQL and KV stores
- Knowledge of the common web development technologies (html/css/js)
- Being curious and willing to learn/experiment with different approaches, methodologies, architectures and technologies
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player.
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Interested in video games
- Active interest in latest web technologies
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Hybrid Working Policy
Square Enix is pleased to be an employer that offers flexibility within the workplace.
We have a hybrid working policy which allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, three days per week, and in our amazing Blackfriars office for the other two.
Or, if being in the Office is your preference, you can choose three days working from our office and two days working from home. The choice is yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.