Senior BI Engineer (D&D Beyond)
11 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Dungeons and Dragons, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our data strategy and enabling data-driven insights across the organization. You will collaborate with multi-functional teams to gather and analyze business requirements, design data models, and develop advanced BI solutions. Your work will directly impact our ability to make informed strategic decisions and drive business growth.
What You'll Do:
- Data Analysis: Collaborate with partners, conduct in-depth analysis, and understand business processes to provide actionable insights.
- Business Intelligence: Design and maintain BI solutions, and ensure data accuracy.
- Data Warehousing: Define data requirements, and create automated data infrastructure.
- Data Modeling and Integration: Develop data models, and optimize pipelines.
- Requirements Gathering: Elicit business needs, and define key performance indicators.
- Strategic Insights: Provide recommendations, and monitor key performance indicators.
- Collaboration: Work with multi-functional teams, and communicate insights.
- Documentation and Training: Maintain docs, offer training.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience in both Business Intelligence Engineering and Business Analysis roles, with a minimum of 5 years combined across each.
- Strong proficiency in BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- Advanced SQL skills for data extraction and analysis.
- Experience with data modeling and ETL processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think analytically and problem-solve.
- Strong project management skills.
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- Ability to think strategically about business problems and opportunities.
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., Python, Perl, Ruby).
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g., Python) and advanced SQL skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$147,520 — $249,600 USD