Senior Audio Software Engineer
13 days ago
As a senior audio software engineer at Embark you will closely together with our sound designers to help them build a flexible and dynamic game audio system for the future.
Your passion is to build experiences that engage, and user experiences that last.
You make sure to balance meaningful innovation with executing best practices as you vote for clean C++ development.
If you have been writing audio engine software before and want to be a part of a future where players can create their own unique experiences we want to listen to your story!
Example of responsibilities
- Create and implement audio engine and tools
- Write DSP plug-ins
- Collaborate with sound designers and fellow software engineers
- Identify and resolve pipeline and engine issues, and discover opportunities for improvement
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design, and art teams to create an engaged user experience
We would love if you have
- Previous experience from writing audio engine software
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- Strong software engineering skills, C++ is required.
- Experience in other compiled or interpreted language
- A good grasp of software performance, robustness, and testability
- Professional English communication skills.
- Previous experience from making games or working with game engines, such as Unreal or Unity
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."