Senior Audio Software Developer - Contractor
Plantation, FL, United States
11 days ago
ApplyJob Description Magic Leap is seeking a software engineer experienced with interactive 3D audio applications, game middleware, sound design, and software testing to join our team developing next-generation audio signal processing technology and authoring tools for mixed-reality devices. In addition to developing new features, the Audio Software Development Engineer will work closely with the rest of the team to define test plans, strategies, and implement those strategies for internal and external software releases. The role may also include creating sample demos and writing documentation for external developers. The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges. Responsibilities:
- Develop new features for Magic Soundfield Audio plugins for Unity, Unreal, Wwise, and FMOD.
- Implement and optimize software build, release, testing and documentation processes to ensure reliable and effective internal, cross-functional and external SDK deployment of the technology under strict schedule constraints.
- Create Software Quality Control (SQC) test plans and procedures
- Write software to implement SQC test plan on various platforms: Unity C#, native C/C++, Unreal C++, Unreal Blueprints, embedded, etc.
- Run, analyze, and report the results of the software test suite on a regular basis and/or create documentation to enable other members of the organization to do so.
- Create long term plan for automated testing.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
- Generate new and unique IP.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in designing and implementing audio signal processing algorithms and applications in C/C++.
- Practical understanding of 3d math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.