Senior Audio Programmer
27 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold and contemporary new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for passionate Senior Audio Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the audio developers, game programmers, and designers to create groundbreaking audio systems that build an immersive AAA player experience.
What You'll Do:
- Work with our Audio and content teams to bring the game experience to a AAA level.
- Develop audio tools/features that help push the limits of what's possible in game audio.
- Write clear, performant, maintainable, portable code
- Build audio engineering processes, policies, and standards.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize audio systems on all applicable platforms.
- Author documentation that communicates quality workflows and technical constraints of the audio systems and tools to engineering and content creation team members.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience working with audio as a programmer
- 5+ years experience developing AAA titles
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command of the C++ programming language
- An understanding of audio terminology and technology.
- Experience with WWISE, FMOD, SCREAM, or similar audio middleware.
- Passion for making and playing games
- Excellent math skills with a demonstrable emphasis on 3D math
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little guidance
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine, preferably UE5.
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Knowledge of acoustics and music theory
- Experience with audio hardware
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$129,200 — $215,520 USD