Senior Audio Programmer
20 days ago
Who are We?
CCP Games’ London studio has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from and it’s often been referred to as, the Icelandic effect. It’s impossible to ignore. Whether you have a degree or not, we are looking for someone who is passionate about their craft and abilities and who wants to learn from a great team and mentor. To top it off we are working on an amazing project in the London Studio.
Excellence – Courage – Unity – Honesty
These are our core values, and we are always on the lookout for signals when we’re interviewing.
We are an open book. Authenticity and a candid approach to meetings and interviews really helps pave the way to not just managing expectations, but also smart and efficient decision making. We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth. You'll have access to thousands of quality online courses and books and array of development, in the form of courses, further learning materials and on the job learning experience.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board, including those that are considered to be unrepresented in the industry. The role will be based in London and we are currently working a hybrid studio/wfh model.
As a Senior Audio Programmer, you will be responsible for coding systems to realise our sound design throughout the game. Reporting to the Technical Director you will collaborate closely with Sound Design and various other disciplines daily to craft audio systems. Experience programming high quality, performant game audio systems is a must and C++ / Unreal / Wwise experience would be very beneficial.
· Give direct input on the feature roadmap.
· Work closely with sound design to create intuitive and compelling
· Identify technical roadblocks and suggest solutions.
· Develop a range of audio features in Unreal Engine 5 / Wwise / C++.
· Design and implement maintainable and expandable code systems.
· Work closely with other programmers to find great technical solutions.
· Continual learning about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practice.
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning your own work.
· Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge.
· Bug fixing and optimization, including at the engine level.
· Own the technical implementation of game-wide audio systems.
· Significant professional experience with C++.
· Good understanding of Unreal Engine / Blueprints / Wwise.
· Experience in the technical design, implementation, and maintenance of game audio systems in PC / Console teams.
· Experience in owning the implementation for sections or whole audio systems.
· Knowledge about advanced acoustics such as reverb, diffraction, complex obstruction/occlusion, and early reflection systems.
· Attention to detail and a demonstrable passion for audio in games.
· Knowledge of audio design patterns.
· Passionate about playing and building video games!
· Versatility and pro-activity with a willingness to contribute to a wide range of engineering tasks.
· Experience with software debugging and optimization.
· Experience with other audio software packages preferable: Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton, etc.
· DSP knowledge is a plus.
What we can offer you:
· The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering, ambitious project with great coworkers.
· An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company.
· A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation.
· Free breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks.
· A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours.
· Employer contributory pension plan.
· Life Insurance.
· Private medical and Dental.
· Annual travel allowance.
· Monthly internet allowance.
· Annual fitness grant.
CCP London is the newest studio in the CCP family, and we are currently growing our studio to begin production on a ground-breaking online sci-fi shooter.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.