Senior Audio Programmer
5 days ago
Build A Rocket Boy is looking for a Senior Audio Programmer, someone with a strong interest in audio processing and a passion for creating an awesome audio experience. You should be comfortable working with both programmers and audio content creators, as you will be working closely with both teams.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Own the audio technology pipeline and custom audio tool set for our game.
- Develop implementation plans and time estimates for tasks.
- Work with the content team to meet project requirements within performance and memory budgets.
- Collaborate tightly with audio designers to gather requirements, architect, and deliver high-quality features and tools.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Audio programming education or experience.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Strong game programming background (C++, 3D math, optimization, multithreading).
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Strong math skills.
- Good ear for professional grade audio: you know how to spot flaws, shortcomings and opportunities for improvement.
- Familiarity with C#.
- DSP and 3D audio programming experience.
- Experience with middleware solutions such as Wwise.
- Experience programming on game consoles.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.