Senior Audio Programmer
5 days ago
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We are seeking a Senior Audio Programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to lead the effort to push the boundaries of cutting-edge Audio. Research, design, implement, and debug audio tools and techniques to deliver an industry-leading audio experience.
- Lead the technical design of audio technologies for current and future projects.
- Optimize the interaction between the audio system and other build and runtime systems.
- Optimize the export and build pipeline for audio content.
- Develop tools and champion processes to streamline the work needed to author the audio environment.
- Design and implement code that facilitates the interaction between our game engine and Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio middleware.
- Collaborate with audio designers to identify bottlenecks and ways to improve their pipeline.
- Optimize audio game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Create and maintain easily digestible documentation by engineers and designers.
- Keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Participate in the development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
Who you are:
- 7+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Experience developing for AAA games
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience developing for multi-platform software projects, including game consoles.
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience with Audiokinetic’s Wwise tools and libraries
- Strong 3D math skills and audio/DSP concepts.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: