Senior Audio Programmer (Narrative Adventure)
12 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Audio Programmer to join us on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This is a great opportunity for a driven individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
As a Senior Audio Programmer, you will closely with the audio team and other disciplines to help realise the audio aspirations. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas but not limited to: Runtime DSP, Gameplay systems, Editor tools, Dialogue systems, etc. We expect you to be able to take ownership of whole systems and work smart to bring them to a quality level where they can be reused on other projects.
- To uphold and expand upon the execution of the Audio Vision for the project.
- Identify areas for innovation / problem solving and pro-actively collaborate on creative and technical solutions.
- Help design, create and maintain core runtime, editor and offline tools and systems, key for delivering world class audio.
- Profiling the game to help improve the stability and performance of the audio.
- Implement interactive audio assets into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software (Unity, UE4, WWise, FMOD, etc).
- Thoroughly test all aspects of the audio to ensure functionality and the quality standard is upheld and consistent.
- Demonstrate good communication & coordination between the audio team and other disciplines (art, programming, level design, design & production).
- When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors.
- More than 2 years as a Senior Audio Programmer with more than 1 title shipped.
- Fluent in C++ and low-level programming. (Additional languages a plus!).
- Console profiling experience and an understanding of their limitations and advantages.
- Knowledge of audio DSP, Filtering and compression.
- Experience using third party middleware, especially WWise & UE4.
- Experience with task management software (Jira etc)
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work.
- Basic knowledge of DAW workstations (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo, etc)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.