This job might no longer be available.
Senior Audio Designer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
8 months ago
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Audio Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Join the team behind action-packed and story-driven gaming experiences that have acclaimed several best audio nominations in DICE, Develop and G.A.N.G. awards. As a Senior Audio Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the design, writing and animation teams to make sure the audio matches the visuals, design and game vision of the project
- Help define the project's overall audio direction along with creative stakeholders.
- Act as an interface between the audio team and project stakeholders.
- Create content and help with in-game implementation.
- Assist with polishing and bug fixing efforts.
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in game development and at least one shipped AAA title as a Senior Audio Designer.
- An understanding of audio in both linear and non-linear environments.
- Proven track record on high quality audio design and implementation skills.
- Ability and ambition to build an inspiring creative vision for audio.
- Experience on studio-based and outsourced sound effects production work.
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with a great team player attitude.
- Experience with standard audio creation software – REAPER, Pro Tools, Vegas Pro, Izotope RX etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Positive, solution-orientated and independent approach to work.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in cinematic storytelling and FPS games.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming.
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering, game design etc.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply , please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to your portfolio) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.