Senior Audio Designer
15 days ago
At Oxide Games, we believe that the soundscape is just as important as any other part of a game. We are looking for a Senior Audio Designer to join our team to develop audio for AAA games. You’ll work directly with our Audio Director to create, implement, and record new sound effects and music.
In this role you will…
- Conceptualize and produce high quality audio assets
- Clean up and integrate audio assets from recording sessions
- Implement your own sounds and potentially other sounds into the game engine
- Work with multi-disciplinary team leadership to fine-tune and iterate audio effects for gameplay and artistic needs
- Collaborate with the team to help drive the creative processes, identify potential problems, and provide possible solutions
- Create and maintain audio documentation, including implementation guidelines
What types of education and experience do you need for this role?
- 5 years experience in games (or related field)
- Shipped at least one AAA game
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in digital or analog audio production, music composition, or audio engineering
- ProTools, Nuendo, or other audio tools package experience
- Self-motivated but also good at working within a part of a larger team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Play a musical instrument
- Has musical theory and composition knowledge
- Shows strength or significant potential growth in both artist sensibility and craftmanship
- Wwise experience
As a plus:
- Scripting knowledge, such as C# or Python
As an Audio Designer at Oxide, you’ll get the chance to learn from an award winning, experienced audio designer. We have a small team so there is plenty of opportunity to take on new responsibilities as your experience grows. As well as lots of opportunity for career advancement. Audio is a big deal at Oxide – we do significant in-house asset generation with music composition, sound F/X creation, in-game mixing, working with musicians, vocalist and voice actors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.