Senior Associate, Finance Operations
2 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a data-driven and people-oriented Senior Finance Operations Associate, who will serve as the primary lead of finance operation projects. As a Senior Finance Operations Associate, you will work cross-functionally to provide financial and analytics support for the various teams within the Finance organization (FP&A, Accounting, IR, Corp Dev) along with the Business Operations team. The ideal candidate for this role has proven project management experience, extensive financial background, and strong automation and technical skills.
What You Will Do :
- Design and maintain reporting infrastructure to enable preparation of financial budgets, forecasts, and business intelligence analyses
- Provide exceptional financial and analytics support for the Finance and Business Operations teams
- Streamline existing financial reporting processes and architect new efficient work streams
- Manage high-priority finance-related operation projects
- Strong systems skills required including financial modeling in Excel/Google Sheets, business intelligence tools, and budgeting and financial reporting applications
- Assist the implementation of financial systems and become a subject-matter expert
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or similar fields
- MBA preferred but not required
- Anaplan experience preferred but not required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance Operations
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
- “Can do” attitude and team player
- Highly analytical
- Detail and action-oriented
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .