This job might no longer be available.
9 months ago
GSN Games is looking for a Senior Artist to join our fabulous team in London!
It’s an exciting time in our London Studio! Having already established ourselves in the world of Slots we’re looking toward our next big thing and we’re looking for a Senior Artist to help us realise our vision!
Jackpot! About the GSN Games:
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
What You’ll Do:
You will work with the Art Director and Creative team to help us design and build an exciting new casual mobile social game. You will be a key part of the art team, will work closely with key stakeholders across the business to plan and define the scope of each project. You will own all aspects of game art and will help define and create the visual style of the games.
- Work with the Art and Creative leadership and game teams to create both concept & production art
- Quickly create and iterate on visual designs for executive review
- Create game art in a range of styles provide
- Excellent ability to concept both character and environment art
- Be a creative thinker, demonstrate flare and have the ability to problem solve
- Storyboard animation sequences
- Collaborate with the animation team to define best practice for production art
- Help mentor other game team artists
- Evangelize best practice for game art, animations and integration within unity
- Create optimised art assets ready for integration
- Have an excellent ability to provide clear feedback
- Control quality and consistency throughout the product including all consumer facing art
- Provide design and production solutions
- Accurately estimate the cost and time necessary to deliver on target
- Develop and enforce schedules and facilitate effective communication
- Create and maintain accurate documentation as references for the teams
- Monitor and report progress to key stakeholders on a regular basis
You should have at least 3 years of experience in creating concept and game art for mobile platforms. Your portfolio must demonstrate a wide variety of visual styles, iconography, concept art, all created to an exceptionally high level. You should be aware of the most popular social games, their user journeys and have a genuine interest in playing and making industry leading social game production art. An exceptional artist willing to drive quality and innovate
- Art degree or excellent game-focused portfolio
- Excellent ability to create concept and production art
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be comfortable presenting ideas to other members of the team
- Excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
- Ability to create high quality 2D and 3D animations
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Excellent knowledge of Unity would be an advantage
- Experience with Maya would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with Zbrush would be a distinct advantage
- A genuine interest in playing and making industry leading social games is a huge bonus