This job might no longer be available.
Senior Artist I
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Artist I
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter .
As a Senior Artist at Infinity Ward, you will collaborate with Level Artists, Leads and Directors to create photoreal environmental materials that adhere to the quality standards and tone of the Call of Duty Franchise. Aiming for the utmost realism in execution while maintaining PBR standards and working within technical guidelines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create tiling world materials that adhere to photorealism and PBR standards
- Work closely with the Environment Artists to create materials and make changes based on incoming feedback
- Utilize good judgement when establishing optimal texture resolution
- Comfortable taking on a wide variety of materials for different environments. Natural, Organic, Hard surface, etc.
- The ability to source own reference material given a desired high-level art direction
- Can mentor associate artists as needed within the materials team
- Proactively helps to troubleshoot and fix problemed content
- 3+ years of industry experience creating tillable world materials
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) workflow
- Strong foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to world materials
- Expert knowledge of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modeling software (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Familiar with modern level editor workflows. Similar to UE4, Unity, etc.
- Photogrammetry experience and scan data in your material workflow a Plus +
- First Person Shooter experience a Plus +
- Takes feedback and direction well
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet production deadlines
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.