This job might no longer be available.
Senior Artist | 3D Character Artist
5 months ago
Title: Senior 3D Character Artist
Type: Remote, Home-Working
Location: Anywhere in the world
We are extensively growing our Global Art Team
The role of a Senior Artist is to lead and motivate a team of talented 3D Artists in delivering astounding characters and AAA quality assets. This position entails a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to drive further the development of strong team and for which your artistic, technical and managerial expertise are with great importance. As a Senior 3D Character Artist your job is to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate their work in order to ensure that they meet the production objectives in terms of time and quality. In this role you are required to anticipate and find solutions on team and production level in order to deliver stunning visual experience of the project.
- Lead artistic team in development of AAA quality characters and assets
- Assist the Lead and Project Managers in the scheduling of his part of the project and maintain planning foresight
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team members
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Achieving the creative vision of the production.
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Creating art while following instructions to support creative production processes and is responsible for producing sketches or artwork, and drawing sketches from different angles
- Previous experience as a Senior in the games industry
- Experience in team leadership and management
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into a character.
- Previous experience of creating art for 3D characters, including the creation of low-poly art, concepting new assets for real-time virtual experiences
- Able to create top shelf quality game assets for our current and upcoming projects from start to implementation in Unity/Unreal. Skilled at creating 3D models that are cleanly modelled, organised workflow & files. Consistently delivering well presented and defined materials from the initial block out through to final model & maps.
- Excellent design thinking skills, able to solve creative problems when adapting 2D concept, balancing form and function, always being aware of the whole pipeline and the requirements.
- Exceptional technical skills, solid knowledge of 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, Substance and Marmoset).
- Solid understanding of the art fundamentals. A strong grasp of proportion, silhouette, anatomy, lighting, colour and volume is key.
- Good knowledge in game engines
- A passion for virtual reality architecture and a proven understanding of what makes virtual reality visually appealing and how this can affect user experience
- Really good self-motivation, self-organisation and a personal commitment to succeed
- Great presentation, influencing and communication skills, so you can explain concepts and user stories with confidence
- Excellent English skills, an additional language will be a plus.
- Good understanding of creative briefs, able to consider elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Excellent collaborative attitude. A receptive individual who's open to take feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- An eye-catching portfolio is a must, we want to see that passion for Organic Modelling.
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent Holiday entitlement plus public holidays
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture
- You get to work with the latest technologies
- You will be working for one of the worlds leading providers of specialist services to the games industry.
Who we are
PTW is a video games services company which supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes 1518 studios, SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.1518 is our global award-winning art studio.
Welcome to 1518
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.