Senior Art Director
23 days ago
Lingokids' mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world, while we aim to help parents and caregivers to follow up on the progress and achievements of their children.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for an Art Director.
At Lingokids, we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain, but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely from European Time Zone.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 60M families and their children around the world to develop their skills in a fun and effective way.
Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families, and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily while incorporating feedback from our customers.
Are you ready to playwork with us?
As a Senior Art Director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and Maintain Marketing Visual Target, Look, and Feel.
- Develop and oversee the creation of a clear, consistent art style guide. Refine it and maintain it updated.
- Create and direct visually innovative, inspirational, and premium solutions to complex ideas.
- Guide, mentor, inspire, and help to develop a talented team of creatives across all disciplines: illustration, animation, and graphic design itself.
- Help the design team convert concept ideas into effective communication assets across different media channels.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and main stakeholders like Content Marketing Team, User Acquisition, Brand Partnerships, or Customer Experience to deliver the highest possible creative quality while adhering to the schedule.
- Strong link to Lingokids Studios to ensure continuity and quality of brand IP in Marketing.
- Generate Creative Art Concepts that adhere to the content created by our internal content studio.
- Work closely with external stakeholders and brand holders to ensure that the artistic direction and tone are being correctly represented.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising or similar.
- +10 years of experience as an art director / graphic designer.
- Portfolio displaying art direction skills.
- Strong illustration skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of art direction: layout, typography, composition, colour treatment, and video capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign is a must; Premiere and After Effects are nice to have.
- Attention to detail. Craft oriented.
- Flexibility, motivation and sense of belonging.
- Stay current on the latest trends.
- Problem solver. Brand and business oriented. Able to take day-to-day decisions.
- Able to create from scratch. Strong skills conceptualizing through visuals.
- Able to develop a network of artists/freelancers to collaborate with.
- Multichannel experience (digital and offline).
- Illustration, design, animation and video conceptualization skills.
- Good management skills for graphic resources and vendor relationships.
- Experience running art pipelines and working with teams in other time zones.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we provide a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Nice to have
- Previous experience in Start-up pace.
- Previous experience in Content Marketing and creativity for Kids.
- Previous experience in mobile games and applications.
- Experience in kids’ and family entertainment products.
- Experience in subscription model companies
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and well-being.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportation into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.