Senior Art Director
1 day ago
Your Role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a highly experienced and talented Senior Art Director to lead one of our biggest and most ambitious new mobile games. You will join our team in Stockholm, where we have built a brand- new studio dedicated to the creation of the next generation of mobile games at King. Your mission will be to nurture, further develop and launch these exciting new games.
As a senior level art leader, who coaches large teams (c30) towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what excellence in art looks like and can drive your vision forward in both a highly strategic and tactical way.
Having shipped multiple titles at top- flight studios on highly prominent games you will have the credibility to be the spokesperson for Art and closely collaborate with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insights and marketing. You will also work as a key partner to your Studio Art Director, working on key studio initiatives.
The challenge is varied as you and your team will work on New Games as well as existing Games IP, with IP Owners and at times with outsourced content development teams so your background can be either from AAA development or Mobile – we are open.
Creating art content for games is your “True North” and your experience working on multiple games/genres that have gone through a full development cycle, from concept through to ship, will be a significant advantage to this team.
As a natural people person, with great coaching and mentoring skills, you will inspire and elevate others as well as provide career guidance and direction to your team of artists.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Senior Art Director, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills:
• You can create, evolve and execute on an artistic vision and have an excellent eye for detail and what world leading games look like.
• You are highly creative and passionate about games, with a breadth of games industry experience and demonstrable achievements.
• You know visual communication by heart and can quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate quite complex creative ideas.
• You know how to produce appealing art in any appropriate style within available time frames and can communicate these processes clearly to large groups.
• You have a proven track record of directing high- quality, complex game art and animation, including gameplay assets, characters and environments from concept to in- game.
• You have proven experience in creating mood boards, style guides, brand guidelines & other necessary documentation.
• You’re a highly experienced people manager who can lead large teams. You understand what a great team looks like and can lead them to excel. You also have experience in leading leaders.
• Possessing exceptional communication and visual presentation skills, you will be capable of communicating style and vision to a variety of stakeholders such studio and project leadership and marketing.
• You are interested in player behaviour and player experience and understand how robust visual decisions can affect both.
• An innovative spirit, you are happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility at a team and studio level.
• You have knowledge of technical constraints, optimizations and the implementation of content.
• Skills in animation and special effects
• Interest in visual and interaction design
• Skills in Maya or similar 3D software
• Experience working in an agile project environment
• Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com